The AB800 device measures the specific reaction surface of powdered materials using the Blaine method. In the Blaine method, the permeability of a defined volume and mass of material are measured providing information on both the porosity and particle size of a particular material. This is often a more meaningful measurement than particle size alone when attempting to understand the available reaction surface of a material.
The AB800 performs the measurement using the following process:
- Gravimetric dosing
- Compression of material
- Permeability measurement
- Calculation of Blaine values based on calibration and material type.
Key Benefits Include
- Can be calibrated for up to 16 different material types
- Capable of measuting > 6 samples/hr
- Can be fitted with 30 position sample rack
- Fully enclosed safe automatic operation
- Can be operated as standalone unit or included in fully automated lab or at-line container